axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghu Upadhyayula" <rupadhyay...@responsys.com>
Subject RE: AXIS 2 WSDL2Java Oddly Naming Exceptions
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:17:10 GMT
Shawn,

	Our web service server is written in Java.

	Here are the WSDL2Java options I've used.

	%AXIS2_HOME%\bin\WSDL2Java -uri MyServiceWS.wsdl -d adb -s

Thanks
Raghu

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Dever [mailto:scd@metafile.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 2:03 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: AXIS 2 WSDL2Java Oddly Naming Exceptions

Raghu Upadhyayula,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.  It is good to hear that your
client
and web service are working.  (There might be hope for ours yet!)

Would it be possible to provide me with some additional information
about
your environment and the command line options used with WSDL2Java? Also,
is
your web service based on Microsoft WCF?  I would like to research this
further before adding it to JIRA.

Here is more information about our situation:
We are running Windows XP.  Here are the environment settings and the
command line arguments we used for the "interopt test" uri.  Our test
case
uses the same options (albeit a different uri).

-------------------------
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09
set AXIS2_HOME=C:\downloads\ApacheAxis2\1.2\unzipped\axis2-1.2

%AXIS2_HOME%\bin\wsdl2java --unpack-classes -uri
http://131.107.72.15/SoapWsdl_Faults_DocLitW_Service_Indigo/AppFaultsSer
vice
.svc?wsdl
-------------------------

Using the above command, the resulting interface for the Interopt test
looks
like this:
public interface AppFaultsService {
public xwsinterop.soapwsdl.faults.ThrowStringFaultResponse
ThrowStringFault(xwsinterop.soapwsdl.faults.ThrowStringFault
throwStringFault10)
throws
java.rmi.RemoteException,
org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_StringFault_FaultMe
ssag
eException;
public xwsinterop.soapwsdl.faults.ThrowMultipleAppFaultsResponse
ThrowMultipleAppFaults(xwsinterop.soapwsdl.faults.ThrowMultipleAppFaults
throwMultipleAppFaults34)
throws
java.rmi.RemoteException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_ArrayOfInt32Fault_
Faul
tMessageException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_ArrayOfStringFault
_Fau
ltMessageException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_AppDerivedFaultFau
lt_F
aultMessageException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_StringFault_FaultM
essa
geException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_AppStringFaultFaul
t_Fa
ultMessageException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowAppComplexFault_AppComplexFaultFault
_Fau
ltMessageException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_Int32Fault_FaultMe
ssag
eException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_AppBaseFaultFault_
Faul
tMessageException
,org.tempuri.IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_AppEmptyFaultFault
_Fau
ltMessageException;

The ThrowStringFault method and ThrowMulipleAppFaults method both throw
as
StringFault.  But notice how the exception name has one of the method
names
(ThrowMultipleAppFaults) in it:
IAppFaultsService_ThrowMultipleAppFaults_StringFault_FaultMessageExcepti
on.

Here is an example of what we seeing from our simple test web service.
The
MyMethod1 throw an exception with MyMethod2 in the name.
public myproduct.mycompany.MyMethod1Response MyMethod1(
       myproduct.mycompany.MyMethod1 myMethod10)
       throws java.rmi.RemoteException
,org.tempuri.WSTest_MyMethod2_CustomExceptionFault_FaultMessageException
;

Thanks, Shawn