axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghu Upadhyayula" <rupadhyay...@responsys.com>
Subject Webservices & SSL - Getting a javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException - unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:13:36 GMT
Hi,

      I'm trying to access my webservices via SSL using https.

      Below is my program.  When I type my webservice URL with https in
the browser I get the correct page, but when I'm trying to execute the
below program, I'm getting the below exception. (I'm using Axis 1.3)

      Am I missing anything else?

Exception

---------

Exception: ; nested exception is:

        javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target

My Program

-----------

import java.net.*;

import myservice.ws.client.*;

public class TestSSLWebServices {

    public static void main(String[] args)  {

        System.setProperty("java.security.policy","C:\\Program
Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_06\\lib\\security\\java.security");

        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "C:\\Program
Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_06\\lib\\security\\cacerts");

        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",
"changeit");

        // verify web service connection configuration

        String sUrl = null;

        MyServiceWS service = null;

        try {

            sUrl = "https://xxxxx.xxx.xxx/webservices/MyServiceWS";

            URL url = new URL(sUrl);

            MyServiceWSService svcs = new MyServiceWSServiceLocator();

            service = svcs.getMyServiceWS(url);

            ((MyServiceWSSoapBindingStub)
service).setMaintainSession(true);

            // configure connection timeout

            ((MyServiceWSSoapBindingStub)
service).setTimeout(60*60*1000);

            boolean login = service.login("raghu","xxxx");

            System.out.println ("Login Result = " + login);

            String[] folders = service.listFolders();

            for (String folder : folders) {

                System.out.println ("Folder Name = " + folder);

            }

            boolean logout = service.logout();

            System.out.println ("Logout Result = " + logout);

        } catch (Exception e) {

            System.out.println("Exception: " + e.getMessage());

            System.exit(1);

        }

    }

}