axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Wal...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.3: Need to retrieve HTTP Headers in incoming request, in source code
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:54:09 GMT
Yes,
I thought that too.
But this is in a message handler on the clientside, not the servcie
side. It definitely works on the serverside, in a handler class, but
handlers on the clientside return null to this:

HttpServletRequest req =
(HttpServletRequest)context.getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQ
UEST);
if (req!= null) {
    java.util.Enumeration enum = req.getHeaderNames();
    while (enum.hasMoreElements()) {
        String name = (String)enum.nextElement();
        System.out.println("Found a header called: " + name + ", with
value = " + req.getHeader(name));
    }
}
else
    System.out.println("The req is null");

The above code is in the handleRequest(MessageContext context); method
in a GenericHandler sub-class on the clientside. The call to
getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST) returns me null every
time.
Unless I am doing soemthing wrong, of course.
Thanks,
-jeff