axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Axis Server determine style and encoding?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:27:13 GMT
Typically SOAP servers use the following approaches to identify the
service to call. This has nothing to do with the style/encoding issue.
Its completely orthogonal.

Basically you match on these things:
1) HTTP URL
2) SOAPAction Header in HTTP
3) If there is WS-Addressing headers, then look at the wsa:To and
wsa:Action headers
4) The namespace of the first child element of the body tag.

In Axis2 this is a process called dispatchers. I'm afraid I don't
remember how it works in Axis1.

Paul

On 6/6/07, Adam Retter <adam.retter@devon.gov.uk> wrote:

> SoapUI looks very interesting and not a tool I had seen before, Thanks I will take a
look at that.

> Basically my SOAP Server needs to know how to interrogate the incoming SOAP request to
determine what function to execute. This is similar to Axis Server's JWS idea I guess. Does
Axis Server just support document/literal or does it try and interogate the SOAP Request in
some way to determine which JWS function to call?

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com