axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] service with application scope And multithreading
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:02:58 GMT
Francesco

Since this is a one-way operation, you should instead do something different.
You should have Axis2 hand off the results to a service implementation
that is properly multi-threaded and also deployed with request scope.
The service implementation should queue up the messages in a singleton
queue that is synchronized. Then a separate thread will pull the
messages off one-by-one from the queue and execute the logic. This is
exactly what Sandesha2 will do for ordered delivery, but you can do
this in your own logic as well if you don't want to change the
clients. This relies on you only having a single instance of Axis2
(i.e. no cluster).

Paul

On 6/1/07, Francesco Leone <leonissimo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>

> > Two questions!
> >
> > 1) Is this a one-way or a request reply operation.
>
>       Is a one way request (i.e. a notification compliant with
> WS-Notification 1.3 ).
>
> > 2) Have you considered using WSRM which provides inOrder delivery (in
> > other words, it gives each message a number and ensures they get
> > delivered in the order of the message numbers)
>

>    Do you mean WS-ReliableMessage? I know that is implemented by
>   Sandesha project  but i don't know it very well. So i try to take a look!
>
>   Thanks a lot for your interest,
>   Regards
>   Francesco
>
> > Paul
> >
> > On 6/1/07, Francesco Leone < leonissimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I have a problem with axis2 and its request management. The scenario is
> the
> > > sequent: there is a service deployed in application scope.
> > > This service make a blocking call to a synchronized queue. If I well
> > > understand Axis2 and its application scope,
> > > it creates a thread for every request for this service and every
> > > thread communicate with the same service object. So it is possible that
> many
> > > thread are blocked for the synchronized queue . The problem is that i
> want
> > > to service the request basing on its arrival time, It's important for my
> > > application semantic, so when the
> > > queue is free i want to notify the first thread arrived to axis2.
> > > Any suggestion about resolving this problem?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Regards
> > > Francesco Leone
> > >

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
> > OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle