axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Aditi Ganorkar <aganor...@yahoo.com>
Subject problem in installation
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 05:26:15 GMT
Hi,
I am newbie to axis and trying to install axis2
version 1.2 on windows 2000.

I did following steps while installation:

1. downloaded Axis2 standard distribution.
2.set AXIS2_HOME env variable pointing to directory
where it is installed.
3. installed apache ant and set its env variable.
4. created axis2.war and put it in tomcat6.0\webapp
directory.

5. I got test page http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2 and
"validate" also worked properly.
6. I was tring to install stand alone server with
axis2server.bat. but it gives error
"Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/tran
sport/SimpleAxis2Server"

There was no environment variable as "CLASSPATH" which
I created and set it to AXIS2_HOME\lib directory.

also wsdl2java.bat also giving same error as class not
found.
What is missing?
Thanks,
Aditi