axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Calbazana <alejan...@calbazana.com>
Subject Axis2 + Weblogic 9.x + Hibernate
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:20:27 GMT
Hello,

I have a service, using Hibernate 3.2, that runs under Tomcat 5.5
without any problems.  However, when I try to deploy the same service to
a Weblogic 9.x instance, I get the following errors:

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/EntityResolver
violates loader constraints
        at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:447)
        at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1366)
        at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1310)

My service uses Hibernate 3.2 with the requisite TCCL set to "composite"
in my services.xml.  This allows my Hibernate configuration to load
successfully under Tomcat.

Since I am attempting to deploy to Weblogic, I have also set my
container to prefer classes in WEB-INF by specifying the appropriate
settings in my deployment descriptor as follows:

<weblogic-web-app
    xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90"
    xmlns:j2ee="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90
    http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90/weblogic-web-app.xsd">
 <container-descriptor>
    <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
  </container-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

I am not clear on how to get around this.  Has anyone else run into this
problem?  I am pretty much at a loss here.

Thanks,

Alejandro