axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] How easy to invoke and deploy a service in Axis2
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 01:01:09 GMT
Hi Chathura,

In tomcat (or any axis2 system) you can deploy service without having an
aar file , you can deploy just .class files and Axis2 make them as
services. So what you have to do is add following tag into axis2.xml
(which we will add by default) , and create a directory called "pojo"
and drop your .class files.

 <deployer class="org.apache.axis2.deployment.POJODeployer"
directory="pojo" extension=".class"/>

And you get hot deployment and hot update as well , and if you do not
like the name pojo create whatever file name you want and change the
directory attribute to that folder name and drop you class there.

Thanks
Deepal
> Here is a thought i had during the day. How about a tool combining
> java2wsdl and wsdl2java may be called java2service or java2aar.
> Basically you give a java class and you ll get a tomcat deployable aar
> file.
> THanks
> Chathura
>
> On 6/15/07, Glen Mazza <grm7793@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Big deal.  My code has 50% fewer steps:  ;-)
>>
>> public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
>>     (new AxisServer()).deployService(MyService.class.getName());
>> }
>>
>> Glen
>>
>> Am Freitag, den 15.06.2007, 19:43 -0400 schrieb Deepal Jayasinghe:
>> > In the hackathon we came up with this very cool feature called
>> > *deploying a service in two steps !!!*
>> >

>> > Isn't that a cool to start an Axis2 server and deploy a service in
>> only
>> > two steps , yes it is cool , Try this out.
>> >
>> > Say you have a service class called , MyService as follows,
>> >
>> > public class MyService {
>> >
>> >    public String helloWord(){
>> >          return "HelloWord!!";
>> >    }
>> > }
>> >
>> > Next
>> >
>> > public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception{
>> >   AxisServer server = new AxisServer();*  // (step1)**
>> >   *server.deployService(MyService.class.getName());*  //(step2)*
>> > }
>> >
>> > Next go and browse
>> > "http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/MyService/helloWord
>> > <http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/>" and see what you are getting.
>> >
>> > <ns:helloWordResponse>
>> >    <return>HelloWord!!</return>
>> > </ns:helloWordResponse>
>> >
>> > So see how simple to create and invoke a service in Axis2 !!!!
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Deepal

Thanks,
Deepal