axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Roy <stephane....@alcatel-lucent.fr>
Subject [Axis2] redirection with Axis2 ?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:20:00 GMT
Hi,

I have a web service deployed in Axis2.1.2/Tomcat5.5 at
'http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/myService'

I have set the endpoint to
'http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/myService' in my client and
everything's working fine.

Now, I need to implement a redirection mechanism. For this, I first
downloaded and installed a free URL rewrite module
(http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/), similar to mod_rewrite of Apache.

In this module, I configured a redirection rule with something like this:

from=http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/myNewService
to=http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/myService

I also changed the endpoint used by my client to
'http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/myNewService'.

Note that the web service is still deployed at
'http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/myService'.

I started the updated client and I received the following error when the
client calls an operation of the web service:

Jun 14, 2007 5:07:27 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
isRedirectNeeded
INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 302 Error: Moved Temporarily
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:221)
         at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:452)
         at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:330)
         at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:294)
         at
com.alcatel.lucent.awspt.sws.PhonebookServiceStub.addEntry(PhonebookServiceStub.java:173)
         at
com.alcatel.lucent.awspt.sws.SwsClient.addEntryDeckard(SwsClient.java:109)
         at com.alcatel.lucent.awspt.sws.SwsClient.<init>(SwsClient.java:67)
         at com.alcatel.lucent.awspt.sws.SwsClient.main(SwsClient.java:194)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 302 Error: Moved
Temporarily
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:314)
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:201)
         ... 7 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 302 Error: Moved
Temporarily
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:179)
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:73)
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:305)
         ... 8 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 302 Error: Moved
Temporarily
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.java:320)
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:177)
         ... 10 more

In the traces of the URL rewrite module, the change of URL seems to be
performed correctly.

I repeated the same test with TCPmon. The incoming request looks like this:

POST /axis2/services/myNewService HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:9090
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

2ae
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
       <soapenv:Header>
          <wsa:To>http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/myNewService</wsa:To>

<wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:6774F9EFDB67A1F15A1181830925356</wsa:MessageID>
          <wsa:Action>myOperation</wsa:Action>
       </soapenv:Header>
       <soapenv:Body>
       </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>0

... and the response looks like this

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Location: http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/myService
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:22:05 GMT
find any solution for it.

Can someone shed some light on how redirection works in Axis2 ? Did I
foget to configure something in Axis2 ? Is my scenario doable with
Axis2.1.2 in the first place ?

Thanks in advance.

Stephane Roy
Alcatel-Lucent