axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kraus, David" <dkr...@MicroStrategy.com>
Subject RE: axis + tomcat tuning issue
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:40:34 GMT
Just because your web service doesn't do I/O doesn't mean that no I/O is
going on. Have you checked to see if page faulting is occurring?

Dave

________________________________

From: Gabriela Gheorghe [mailto:gabrielagh@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:22 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: axis + tomcat tuning issue

Thanks for the reply!

The problem is not caused by I/O, because my web services do no
operations on the disk. The client is a JMeter instance and  the CPU
load on the client machine is almost nothing (less than 8-10 %).

So what I am looking for is for tuning some other parameters in Tomcat,
beside heap size and connection timeout. I am still loking for the
explaination.

All the best,
Gabriela

On 6/25/07, Michele Mazzucco <Michele.Mazzucco@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:

On 25 Jun 2007, at 19:33, Gabriela Gheorghe wrote:

> The problem is that I cannot run as many / time-consuming requests
> so that
> the processor on the server reaches 100% CPU load. It only reaches
> 90%, so
> the measurements for throughput that I need to obtain by this testing,
> cannot be too relevant; I want 100% of the CPU working.

Are you sure that the bottleneck is not the client?

> So my question would be - why is 10% of the CPU idle ?

Couldn't it be because of I/O?

Michele