axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zachary Marshall" <Zachary.Marsh...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Engaging Modules not in Repositories
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:59:14 GMT
Yeah, this seems to be a difficult problem. I haven't tried, but I assume I could generate
a string with the path of the module since it is always in a subdirectory of whatever directory
axis2 is installed in (I'm sure there's a way to find where this is). Suffice to say that
I can generate such a string in any circumstance, if not by axis2's location, then by some
other means. Then, would there be a way to engage using only the path to the mar?

-Zach

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:pzfreo@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 4:51 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Engaging Modules not in Repositories

Ouch. This is really tricky. I'm fresh out of ideas. I assume you do have a string with the
path of the module at least?

Paul

On 6/5/07, Zachary Marshall <Zachary.Marshall@sas.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your response. I'd love to simply drop the mar in the same directory as the
axis2 jars, however, I don't have control over where the mar gets installed (I can't make
it be installed in the same directory as the axis2-*.jar files) for a couple of reasons.

> Any other ideas?
> Thanks!
> -Zach

axis2-*.jar files, so if you put it in that folder it should work.

> Paul
>
> On 6/5/07, Zachary Marshall <Zachary.Marshall@sas.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to engage a module (specifically addressing) client side that is
neither in the axis2 repository and which is not specified on the classpath? I have limiting
development conditions that prohibit me from controlling where the mar files end up on the
client's machine. This is strictly a client operation, so there won't be a repository to load
the mar from, but the mar will distributed in a subfolder of the folder that contains the
axis2 jars. Furthermore, I can't modify the classpath of the program that invokes my code,
so I can't add the mar to the classpath.