axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David <dso...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Interop with gSOAP - AxisFault: The server localhost failed to respond - calling void method
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:57:54 GMT
Thanks for the info; I'll pass it along.

David

http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1.html#SOAPHTTP
> [2]

> Anne
>
> On 6/20/07, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > An HTTP POST should always return an HTTP
> response. This is a bug in gSOAP.
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > On 6/20/07, David <dsolum@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm developing an app using gSOAP (C++) on the
> server
> > > and Axis2-Java on the client.  I have a SOAP
> call that
> > > with a signature of "void myMethod(String)".
> > >
> > > After gSOAP gets this call and processes the
> method,
> > > it simply closes the socket.  When I do a
> similar test
> > > implementing a void-returning method using
> *Axis* on
> > > the server, it instead returns an HTTP header
> (and
> > > nothing else), which is apparently what the Axis
> > > client code wants.
> > >
> > > My problem, of course, is that I need to use
> gSOAP on
> > > the server and Axis on the client, but the Axis
> client
> > > chokes on the fact that the server closes the
> socket
> > > for calls that return void (rather than
> returning an
> > > HTTP response):
> > >
> > > org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The server localhost
> > > failed to respond
> > >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:221)
> > >         at

org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:452)
> > >         at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutOnlyAxisOperationClient.execute(OutOnlyAxisOperation.java:255)