axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Shah <chrs_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Large Size files
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 22:58:46 GMT
I can see the following on my client :

  Does this mean that MTOM is really not enabled ? Otherwise why would client run out of space
?

  Thanks for your help

  Chris

Chris Shah <chrs_shah@yahoo.com> wrote:
    I tried returning a response object consisting of  an "xsd:string" and "xmime:base64Binary".

  basically just switched the request and response object types in the sample. Then I implemented
the client and service code accordingly, and set enableMTOM in axis2.xml t true.

  I can download small files using the client. Large files give me the error below.

  Is it necessary to return an OMElement or a byte[]? Why will a base64Binary object not work?
Why does it work then while uploading to the service and not while downloading ?

  Thanks for your help
  Chris

  Exception in thread "HttpConnection-8080-1" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already
committed
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpResponseImpl.assertNotCommitted(AxisHttpResponseImpl.
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpResponseImpl.sendError(AxisHttpResponseImpl.java:120)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.doService(AxisHttpService.java:297)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.handleRequest(AxisHttpService.java:184)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.HttpServiceProcessor.run(HttpServiceProcessor.java:74)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
  Chris

Simply define a service that returns an OMElement (like the sample) or a byte[]
It works in exactly the same way.

Paul

wrote:
> Chris
>
> You should use the MTOM capability of Axis2. AFAIK Axis1 cannot cope
> with 200Mb files.
>
> The Axis2 design allows streaming of large files.
> See this guide:
> http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/mtom-guide.html
>
> Paul
>
> On 6/13/07, Chris Shah wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am writing a WS specification for my service . What is the best way to
> > expose zipped text files of size around 200 MB ( not more ) through this
> > service ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chris
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
> > Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!
> > Games.
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair