axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David <dso...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Axis2] Interop with gSOAP - AxisFault: The server localhost failed to respond - calling void method
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:46:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm developing an app using gSOAP (C++) on the server
and Axis2-Java on the client.  I have a SOAP call that
with a signature of "void myMethod(String)".

After gSOAP gets this call and processes the method,
it simply closes the socket.  When I do a similar test
implementing a void-returning method using *Axis* on
the server, it instead returns an HTTP header (and
nothing else), which is apparently what the Axis
client code wants.

My problem, of course, is that I need to use gSOAP on
the server and Axis on the client, but the Axis client
chokes on the fact that the server closes the socket
for calls that return void (rather than returning an
HTTP response):

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The server localhost
failed to respond
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:221)
	at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:452)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutOnlyAxisOperationClient.execute(OutOnlyAxisOperation.java:255)
[...]

Looks like we may have differing interpretations of
some spec (or lack of a clear spec).  In any case,
does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
David