axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Roland Piazzi" <roland_pia...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Error: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/axis/services/LogCollector?wsdl at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:51:22 GMT
what you mean with
>edit your wsdl

edit the class that represents the webservice?

Both PC's where hosting the webservice and acting as client.

Yes this is the problem: I really edited the class to the point that i had
only one simple Method that returned a String but it didn't work...seems to
be some ghost in there :-)...

roland
----- Original Message -----
From: "Walker, Jeff" <Jeff.Walker@fmr.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>; "Roland Piazzi" <roland_piazzi@gmx.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:33 PM
Subject: RE: Error: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/axis/services/LogCollector?wsdl at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

I guess what I was implying is,
that I would edit your wsdl to comment out all of the methods except a
simple ping() method, that takes say, an integer, and returns an
integer. Something ridiculously simple. Then generate your classes from
it. Then deploy the web service.
Then get your client to successfully call that ping() method. This tells
you the wsdl (and the generated classes) are healthy.

Then start to edit the wsdl again, bring in one actual business method,
preferrably the simplest business method you have, and try to call that.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you got it to work on one PC but
not the other. Were both of these PC's acting as clients, or were they
hosting the web service?

One final point of confusion I have; if you removed all of the methods,
then there is no web service to speak of, so there would be no web
service methods to call from your client, and so how could you still get
the error?
I don't understand.
-jeff