axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2 1.2] Java2WSDL with support of SwA and/or MTOM
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 15:32:58 GMT
Hi,
> I have make enabled SwA support in Axis2. It seems that I cannot enable both
> SwA and MTOM at the same time.
No it's not possible... MTOM will get priority if both are enabled...

> If the attachment is very big, will base64Binary introduce more performance
> penalty?
Yes if you are going to inline the binary using base64 encoding.. But
with MTOM you'll still be able to be compliant with base64Binary data
type without doing any encoding to the data...

You will be able handle large attachments using MTOM without much
memory/performance issues by using the Axis2 file caching mechanisms
and correctly choosing or implementing the DataSource
implenentations...

Thanks,
Thilina