axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Confused...
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 02:08:30 GMT
Good Evening Dave

looking quickly at the WSDL A defined service has 1+ Binding/Port
combination for each location
e.g.
<wsdl:service name="StockQuoteService">
<wsdl:port name="StockQuoteServiceSOAP11port"
binding="axis2:StockQuoteServiceSOAP11Binding">
<soap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService" />
</wsdl:port>

so looking at the example of binding of StockService which has
binding="axis2:StockQuoteServiceSOAP11Binding"
(as we have been shown binding StockQuoteServiceSOAP11Binding has 1 PortType
called 'StockQuoteServiceSOAP11port')

PortType has input and output messages
<wsdl:portType name="StockQuoteServicePortType">
<wsdl:operation name="getPrice">

<wsdl:input message="axis2:getPriceMessage" />
<wsdl:output message="axis2:getPriceResponseMessage" />

</wsdl:operation>

The inputMessage getPriceMessage has a definition which contains one or more
part names
<wsdl:message name="getPriceMessage">
<wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns:getPrice" />
</wsdl:message>

the localpart element getPrice has the message getPrice which is a
complexType defined of even more elements
<xs:element name="getPrice">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="symbol" nillable="true" type="xs:string" />
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Any other entities which getPrice does not need (other than symbol) is
extraneous to the run characteristics of the operation and are not
identified or carried by the message
Are you envisioning a need to carry any other entity?..if so how should the
message identify these characteristics ?

Thanks,
Martin--