axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie pojo Complex type question
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 13:54:18 GMT
Hi Bob
this sample from sample.addressbook.rpcclient.AddressBookRPCClient.java displays a name called
William Tecumseh Sherman which must be found in bean class Entry

import sample.addressbook.entry.Entry;

//can we assume your published service has a method called getHistory ???
// QName opGetHistory =new QName("http://ws.alerthistorysvc.cps.app.com/xsd", "getHistory");
   QName opFindEntry = new QName("http://service.addressbook.sample/xsd", "findEntry");

//we need to find a name
   String name = "William Tecumseh Sherman";

//your getHistoryArgs has no name ..we dont know if we should find sherman, grant or someone
else
//Object[] opGetHistoryArgs = new Object[] { };
   Object[] opFindEntryArgs = new Object[] { name };

//return an array of entry beans
   Class[] returnTypes = new Class[] { Entry.class };

//use serviceClient to find name of Abby Cadabby from beans and return array of entry

        Object[] response = serviceClient.invokeBlocking(opFindEntry,
                opFindEntryArgs, returnTypes);
//get the first one
        Entry result = (Entry) response[0];

        if (result == null) {
            System.out.println("No entry found for " + name);
            return;
        }
//use the accessors of the returned bean to access the values of the attributes
        System.out.println("Name   :" + result.getName());
        System.out.println("Street :" + result.getStreet());
        System.out.println("City   :" + result.getCity());
        System.out.println("State  :" + result.getState());
        System.out.println("Postal Code :" + result.getPostalCode());

HTH/
Martin