axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Telling when a client disconnects
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 14:40:30 GMT
Hi Wayne

you can setTimeOutInMilliSeconds for client.options e.g.

  stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(60*1000);
http://spteam-lists.blogspot.com/2007/04/re-how-to-increase-time-out-of-axis2.html

HTH/

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wayne Johnson
  To: Axis
  Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 10:26 AM
  Subject: Telling when a client disconnects

  I have an Axis WSDD service that needs to tell if and when a client disconnects, so that
we can clean up session information.  I can't simply rely on a logoff method getting called,
because the disconnect might be based on external factors, like loss of network, etc.

  We also appear to have a problem with the client timing out.  Is there a way to detect when
this happens before we try to send the next packet?  Or of preventing timeouts?

  Thanks.

  ---
  Wayne Johnson,             | There are two kinds of people: Those
  3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
  Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
  (612) 522-7003             | then, have it your way." --C.S. Lewis

  Finding fabulous fares is fun.