axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 service level access by IP address
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:28:01 GMT
Another approach without using code is Apache Synapse
(http://ws.apache.org/synapse). In Synapse we offer the ability to do
Regex type matching on properties. The WSO2 throttling code is also
available on top of Synapse inside the WSO2 ESB
(http://wso2.org/projects/esb/java) (basically Synapse+ an AJAX GUI).

Our early tests show that for 1k in/1k out messages sizes the overhead
of using Synapse is <1ms for simple routing. I imagine an IP based
check would fit into this range.

Paul

On 5/24/07, Luis Mariano Luporini <lluporini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul, you are right.
>
> I would like to handle this at a configuration level instead of relying
> on coding.
>
> I know I can make a module for this, think something like Marcello
> pointed to me some minutes ago (http://wso2.org/projects/commons/throttle).
>
> I was hoping to find a way to handle it natively in a tomcat/axis2 setup
> but maybe it's not yet there without involving code.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Luis
>
> Paul Fremantle escribió:
> > Luis
> >
> > According to JIRA 1610 you can retrieve the IP address this way:
> > String remoteClientAddress =
> > messageContext.getProperty(MessageContext.REMOTE_ADDR);
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On 5/24/07, Luis Mariano Luporini <lluporini@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I been trying since this morning to get around this but did not
> >> succeeded. I'm starting to get a little frustrated so I think, by now,
> >> the best path is to trust in others knowledge.
> >>
> >> Anyway,  I'm using Axis2 1.2, Tomcat 6.0.10 and Sun J2SE 1.5.0.11 on FC5
> >> Linux.
> >>
> >> I'm trying to figure out a way to restrict access to services based on
> >> client IP address.
> >>
> >> Let's say I have 3 services:
> >>
> >> 1. MyPublicService: This needs to be available for any client IP
> >> address.
> >> 2. MyPrivateService: This needs to be available for my local subnet, for
> >> example 192.168.0.0/24 only.
> >> 3. MyPremiumService: This needs to be available for a list of configured
> >> IP addresses.
> >>
> >> I need a way to restrict access following above requirements and without
> >> the need to write code for that.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to configure this behavior somewhere or I will need to
> >> rely on some kind of reverse proxy (Apache, Lighty, etc) to control
> >> access based on URL pattern matching and client IP?
> >>
> >> Hope someone can give me a pointer.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Luis

Paul Fremantle