axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Reumann" <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject working in .NET, but "Unexpected subelement return" when I try to run as axis2 client
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 15:10:38 GMT
I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting this "Unexpected subelement
return" Runtime Exception when I try to use an axis2 client that I
created by using wsdl2java pointing to a wsdl that describes a
webservice running on Jboss4.0.5 (with jax-ws2.0 applied).

I can easily create the webservice from the same wsdl using visual
studio 2005. I can also connect fine if I build my client on a remote
jboss server using the wsconsume tool to generate my client stub.

The client code that I'm trying to use looks like this in a TestClient class:

            CalculatorBeanServiceStub stub = new CalculatorBeanServiceStub();
            CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add addClass = new
CalculatorBeanServiceStub.Add();
            addClass.setArg0(5);
            addClass.setArg1(1);
            AddResponse addResponse = stub.add(addClass);
            System.out.println( addResponse.localResult );

The wsdl I pasted here http://pastehere.com/?lidoec

and also is listed below (at the end I also list the annotated ejbs
that are deployed). Thanks for any help with this. It's sort of
driving me nuts that I can get this to work from a .NET client but not
Axis2.

<definitions name='CalculatorBeanService'
targetNamespace='http://bean.webservice.tutorial.jboss.org/'
xmlns='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/'
xmlns:soap='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/'
xmlns:tns='http://bean.webservice.tutorial.jboss.org/'
xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'>
 <types></types>
 <message name='Calculator_subtract'>
  <part name='arg0' type='xsd:int'/>
  <part name='arg1' type='xsd:int'/>
 </message>
 <message name='Calculator_subtractResponse'>
  <part name='return' type='xsd:int'/>
 </message>

 <message name='Calculator_addResponse'>
  <part name='return' type='xsd:int'/>
 </message>
 <message name='Calculator_add'>
  <part name='arg0' type='xsd:int'/>
  <part name='arg1' type='xsd:int'/>
 </message>
 <portType name='Calculator'>
  <operation name='add' parameterOrder='arg0 arg1'>

   <input message='tns:Calculator_add'/>
   <output message='tns:Calculator_addResponse'/>
  </operation>
  <operation name='subtract' parameterOrder='arg0 arg1'>
   <input message='tns:Calculator_subtract'/>
   <output message='tns:Calculator_subtractResponse'/>
  </operation>
 </portType>
 <binding name='CalculatorBinding' type='tns:Calculator'>

  <soap:binding style='rpc' transport='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http'/>
  <operation name='add'>
   <soap:operation soapAction=''/>
   <input>
    <soap:body namespace='http://bean.webservice.tutorial.jboss.org/'
use='literal'/>
   </input>
   <output>
    <soap:body namespace='http://bean.webservice.tutorial.jboss.org/'
use='literal'/>
   </output>

  </operation>
  <operation name='subtract'>
   <soap:operation soapAction=''/>
   <input>
    <soap:body namespace='http://bean.webservice.tutorial.jboss.org/'
use='literal'/>
   </input>
   <output>
    <soap:body namespace='http://bean.webservice.tutorial.jboss.org/'
use='literal'/>
   </output>

  </operation>
 </binding>
 <service name='CalculatorBeanService'>
  <port binding='tns:CalculatorBinding' name='CalculatorBeanPort'>
   <soap:address
location='http://rick-linux:8080/CalculatorBeanService/CalculatorBean'/>
  </port>
 </service>
</definitions>

--------

@Stateless
@WebService(endpointInterface="org.jboss.tutorial.webservice.bean.Calculator")
public class CalculatorBean
{
   public int add(int x, int y)
   {
      return x + y;
   }

   public int subtract(int x, int y)
   {
      return x - y;
   }
}

@WebService
@SOAPBinding(style=Style.RPC)
public interface Calculator extends Remote
{
   @WebMethod int add(int x, int y);

   @WebMethod int subtract(int x, int y);
}