axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Alateras <j...@comware.com.au>
Subject Re: action mappings in the service.xml file.
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:43:11 GMT
I have been able to get axis2 to correctly generate the actionMapping
and outputActionMapping uris in the service.xml and client stub files.

The actionMapping seems to be picked up from the soapAction attribute in
the wsdl:binding section of the wsdl document.

   <wsdl:binding name="SMSChildSOAP" type="wipsf:SMSChildPT">
     <soap:binding style="document"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
     <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
       <soap:operation style="document"
soapAction="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementRequest"/>
       <wsdl:input>
         <soap:body use="literal"/>
       </wsdl:input>
       <wsdl:output>
         <soap:body use="literal"/>
       </wsdl:output>
     </wsdl:operation>

Whereas  the outputActionMapping is picked up from wsdl:portType section
of the wsdl document

   <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
       <wsdl:input message="wipsf:SetupStartRequest"/>
      <wsdl:output message="wipsf:SetupStartResponse"
wsaw:Action="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementResponse"/>

Strangely though specifying the wsaw:Action in the wsdl:input element.
as shown below and specfied in the ws-a wsdl binding specification, does
not work

     <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
       <wsdl:input message="wipsf:SetupStartRequest"
     wsaw:Action="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementRequest"/>
       <wsdl:output message="wipsf:SetupStartResponse"
    wsaw:Action="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementResponse"/>
     </wsdl:operation>

Will this be supported in the future?

cheers
<jima>