axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Smith <jer...@pinacol.com>
Subject How does axis decide the endpoint URL?
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 18:50:16 GMT
My server has a bit of a complicated networking setup.  It is behind a
firewall with an external address, and it only knows about its internal
addresses.  The problem is that in the wsdl that axis2 generates, it
directs clients to the internal URL and they can't connect.

How does axis2 decide what the URL will be?  Is there any way I can
override this?

Example:

Axis generates this:

<wsdl:service name="MyService">
    <wsdl:port name="MyServiceSOAP11port_http"
binding="axis2:MyServiceSOAP11Binding">
       <soap:address
location="http://10.x.x.x:80/axis2/services/MyService"/>
    </wsdl:port>
    <wsdl:port name="MyServiceSOAP12port_http"
binding="axis2:MyServiceSOAP12Binding">
        <soap12:address
location="http://10.x.x.x:80/axis2/services/MyService"/>
    </wsdl:port>
    <wsdl:port name="MyServiceHttpport"
binding="axis2:MyServiceHttpBinding">
        <http:address
location="http://10.x.x.x:80/axis2/services/MyService"/>
    </wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>

where 10.x.x.x is an inaccessible internal IP address.

Thanks,
Jeremy