axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rupal Soni <rupalps...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Invoke Axis2 Web Service from Non JVM Client?
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 19:23:20 GMT
Is this made possible after Axis 2 came in market or was it possible to invoke Axis 1.x web
services with non-Java clients. after reading http://wso2.org/library/24 it seems like it's
made possible in Axis 2 only. Is this true?

"Hickman, Craig" <Craig_Hickman@ADP.com> wrote:
      No problem with that at all. As long as the client is SOAP or REST or other supported
protocols you're fine. I have parts of the company using Cold Fusion Clients, C clients, etc.

  Only the service is in java, but the clients accessing it don't matter as long as they can
understand the protocol and make the appropriate calls on the service.

---------------------------------
  From: Rupal Soni [mailto:rupalpsoni@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 12:26 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Invoke Axis2 Web Service from Non JVM Client?

>From what I read in the documentation " The Apache Axis2 project is a Java-based implementation
of both the client and server sides of the Web services equation". Does this mean the client
I implement has be written in Java only. Can't I have the client invoking the Web Service
in any other language?

Michele Mazzucco <Michele.Mazzucco@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:   On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 08:06 -0700,
Rupal Soni wrote:
> In short I want my Web Service to return XML response

This is what Web services are supposed to do :)

Michele