axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michele Mazzucco <Michele.Mazzu...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: AbstractHTTPSender not releasing connection
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 10:44:35 GMT
Dims,

what do you mean?

Maybe there has been a misunderstanding, I'll try to restate the issue.
You suggested me to cache the operation context, then to get the
message context and thus clean up the resources, right?
When should I call

messageContext.getTransportOut().getSender().cleanup(messageContext);
?,
just after sending the request, i.e.
sender.invokeNonBlocking(request, callback);
// get the msg. context and cleanup, as mentioned above

or
sender.invokeNonBloking(request, callback);
and in callback.onComplete/onError free the resources?

I've tried the second way (i.e. the resources are freed only when the
response is received), without success.
The first way, if NIO sockets are used (but I think it's not the case
of Axis2, at least a present) has the potential problem of closing
the connection before the message is effectively sent (because of the
asynchronous communication). Does it make sense?
I'll try the first method as well, but I guess I won't solve the
problem because after just a few minutes netstat shows a huge number
of connections in CLOSE_WAIT (about 1000).

Michele