axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Sprat <rexclaim...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AxisServlet NullPointerException
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 19:47:59 GMT
I believe I found the bug in the org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils class.
 The following "if" condition lacks a set of parentheses:

            if ((msgContext.getEnvelope() == null) && soapVersion != VERSION_SOAP11)
{
                msgContext.setEnvelope(new SOAP12Factory().getDefaultEnvelope());
            }

There needs to be a set of parenteses around the 2nd condition (soapVersion != VERSION_SOAP11)
condition.
The soapVersion variable had a value of 1 in this case so the condition should *NOT* have
been satisfied.  The operation within the "if" statement caused the exception.

Should a JIRA be raised for this?

Thanks,
T.

Jack Sprat <rexclaimer2@yahoo.com> wrote: I have a web application to which I added
Axis 1.2.  The Java class stubs were generated using he WSDL2Java tool using XMLBeans data
binding.
 Everything appears to be configured right since the methods in the skeleton class are being
invoked correctly.
 The echo method works fine.  However, when I try another operation I always get a NullPointerException
thrown from the doPost method of the org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet class.  The
error says only:

 May 8, 2007 1:40:01 PM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet doPost
 SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException

 I can't seem to find any more info. than that.  Tracing the code in the Eclipse WTP I see
the call go through the skeleton class and then return to the MessageReceiverInOut class.
 Stepping into that class yields no errors.
 The code then steps into the AbstractInOutSynchMessageReceiver and that is where the error
occurs.  That class is in the  axis2-kernel-1.2.jar file.

 Can anyone *please* point me in the right direction?

 Thanks.
 T.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.