axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Simple Qs
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:43:04 GMT
Am Montag, den 21.05.2007, 17:19 -0400 schrieb Demetris G:
> I may be reading the overall Axis architecture a bit differently but I
> have these Qs if anyone can
> help -
>
> During a Client application call to a remote Axis engine ( SOAP call
> generated by the corresponding
> Client stubs), does an Axis engine need to be running on the client side
> or do the stubs contain
> the necessary information to generate the SOAP call and contact the
> remote Axis engine.

The latter.  The Axis2 engine is a WAR file that runs on a Servlet
container.  The web service is packaged as a service archive (.aar file)
and is placed in the WEB-INF/services directory of the exploded WAR
file.  You client makes (usually) HTTP requests to access the web
service, but the Axis engine is not needed for that.

> In other
> words, if I am sitting on the client side, where should I  be looking at
> to capture the outgoing SOAP
> message leaving a particular application?

If you wish to capture the message sent by the client, Apache TCPMon may
be of help for you:

http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/tcpmontutorial.html

Glen