axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michele Mazzucco <Michele.Mazzu...@ncl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: JDBC Database connection
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 09:18:05 GMT
On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 01:59 -0700, Kencana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry but i dun get what you mean in the last post.
> "So I do you know you can't establish a connection?"

You said there are no errors, right?, However the fact that you can't
establish a connection to the db server is an error, so it should be
logged somewhere (app server/servlet container or your own logs).

> anyway in the previous post you mentioned about class loader error.
> if in that case how do we handle that?

A class loader problem means that a library is not found. You should see
an error like ClassNotFoundException. You sort it out by putting the
required jar files to the path.
If you use Tomcat it should be $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and in /lib of
your service (aar) file.

Michele

> maybe i can try it out
>
> Thanks
> Regards,
> Kencana
>
> Michele Mazzucco-2 wrote:
> >
> > So I do you know you can't establish a connection?
> >
> > Michele
> >
> > On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 01:40 -0700, Kencana wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> there is no error message at all (either from the log file or from the
> >> browser)
> >>
> >> Kencana

> >> service
JDBC