axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Davis <mich...@damaru.com>
Subject wsdl2java -u option question
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 15:28:47 GMT
Hello,

I'm new to Axis. I'm using the latest version, 1.2, and I've created a
simple web service that takes three strings and returns a string.

I created a client using wsdl2java. It works fine, but it creates three
source files that are 5M in size. Is this expected behaviour, or is it
a clue that something's wrong?

If I use the -u option (which unpacks the databinding classes), then the
generated files are all under 30k. (Still large, but much smaller than
5M.) So given that the code is 100x smaller with the -u option, what
functionality gets left out when using it?

Thanks,
Michael Davis
www.damaru.com