axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jony <j...@bme.ogi.edu>
Subject rampart - creating new keys - problems
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 15:42:14 GMT

Im trying to follow the directions from (http://wso2.org/library/174) to
create new keys for my site. Its goes ok until I get to this step:

openssl ca -config openssl.cnf -out service.pem -infiles service.cert.req

I get the error that someone else posted to the page:

failed to update database
TXT_DB error number 2

I followed the link posted to
(http://saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com/wiki_recovery/TxtDbErrorNumber2.html)
but Im too dim to understand how this helps me.

"If you get a 'TXT_DB error number 2', you are attempting to certify a key
that has already been certified, i.e. if you look at index.txt you should
see
that the DN of the certificate signing request has already been used. Redo
with a modified DN."

So clearly I don't understand what the DN is. I thought it was the DirName
info I put in - State, Org, Email, etc.

Suggestions?
Jon