axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Josh <gemini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data binding frameworks that allow backwards compatible schema changes?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:52:46 GMT
Amila,

If I configure a databinding approach to work with the following XML:

<person>
    <firstName>John</firstName>
    <lastName>Doe</lastName>
</person>

Which databinding approaches will not break if I pass in the following XML:

 <person>
    <firstName>John</firstName>
    <lastName>Doe</lastName>
    <age>25</age>
    <sex>M</sex>
</person>

While most client applications may not want to interpret the new
information, I want to make sure that I can recommend a binding approach
that does not cause a ripple effect when new items are added to the schema.
Does this clarify what I am looking for?

-Joshua