axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIS style
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:00:33 GMT
I'm not sure where you got the idea that document style will map the
message to DOM-- unless your coding at the raw XML level -- but then
you wouldn't be using a stub.

Document style will map the message to a Java object. If you define
the message in the WSDL as an opaque xs:string, then Axis will map it
to a String. (Be careful with this though -- the encoding/decoding
process is not especially robust.) If the WSDL describes the schema of
the message, then the stub should map the message to a corresponding
object (typically a bean).

The only reason why Axis would map it to DOM is if you configure Axis
to use the "Message" style. (That would be defined in your
client-config.xml.)

If you're using Axis2, then it maps the message to AXIOM (the Axis2
StAX-based object model) rather than DOM, although you can also use a
databinding framework to map it from AXIOM to a Java object.

Perhaps you can show us a little more of what you're doing? Keep in
mind that the normal use case for both Axis and Axis2 is to map the
XML to a Java object model.

Anne