axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "keith chapman" <keithgchap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST over GET support in Java clients?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:21:40 GMT
Hi Philipp,

I guess the parameter ENABLE_REST_THROUGH_GET is not used anymore. Yes Axis2
supports REST. BTW which version are you using?

The following applies if you are using the nightlies or the 1.2 Release
candidate.

Hope I answered your question...

See comments inline

On 4/16/07, Philipp Leitner <philipp.leitner@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am wondering if there is support for REST over HTTP GET for Java
> clients in Axis2?
>
> I know that there is the configuration parameter
> Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_REST_THROUGH_GET , but so far I  could
> not make it work.
>
> I tried something like
>
> <snip>
> Options options = new Options();
> options.setTo(new EndpointReference(toEpr));

// Not really needed but better have it as it takes care of setting up
default REST rules in case you miss something

options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_REST,
>     Constants.VALUE_TRUE);

 // Not needed

options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_REST_THROUGH_GET,
>     Constants.VALUE_TRUE);

// Need to add the following bit of code

// The following will set the httpMethod to use (Supported methods are GET,
PUT, DELETE and POST)
 options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.HTTP_METHOD,
Constants.Configuration.HTTP_METHOD_GET);

// Set the relavant contentType (Need to set the messagetype as well as its
needed by the messageFormatters)
// Supported contentTypes are  "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
"multipart/form-data" and "application/xml";
 options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.CONTENT_TYPE,
options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.MESSAGE_TYPE,

ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();