axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Geir Amdal <geir.am...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: AXIS2 1.1.1 problem with BASIC AUTH
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:21:29 GMT

On 12. apr. 2007, at 13:25, Jarek Kucypera wrote:

> Don't you also need to set the 'preemtive' flag, like this:
> authenticator.setPreemptiveAuthentication(true);
> ?

Ahh. Valid point. Though I am not sure a 'need' can be generalized
for this setting.

 From what I can tell, setting this flag activates sending of the
authentication response even before the server gives an
"unauthorized" response.
While it might serve to reduce the overhead of making the connection,
I can only assume it also has some security related issues? Or have I
misunderstood how the flag works?

In the configuration I quoted, using the Authenticator and
ServiceClient without preemptive authentication works fine.

I'm very interested in the experiences of others on the matter, though.

Regards,

  .gAm

--
Geir Amdal
Java Developer, Center for Information Technology Services