axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hackl Ingo" <Ingo.Ha...@ams-engineering.com>
Subject Problems with Inheritance
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:51:37 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem when I create the wsdl-file for the following class
hierachy.

public abstract class WsSetPointDto  implements java.io.Serializable
{
}

public abstract class WsSetPointDtoV1 extends WsSetPointDto implements
Serializable {
  private String typeNumber;
  private String machineStructureName;

}

public abstract class WsSetPointMachineStructureComponentDtoV1 extends
    WsSetPointDtoV1 implements Serializable
{
  private int cycleTime;
  private float quantityPerCycle;
  private float maxNotOk;
  private float availability;
  private double desiredQuantityPerHour;
  private int timePerQuantity;

}

public class WsSetPointBasicSystemDtoV1 extends
    WsSetPointMachineStructureComponentDtoV1 implements Serializable { }

The generated wsdl-file looks like the following:

   <complexType abstract="true" name="WsSetPointDto">
    <sequence/>
   </complexType>
   <complexType abstract="true" name="WsSetPointDtoV1">
    <complexContent>
     <extension base="tns2:WsSetPointDto">
      <sequence/>
     </extension>
    </complexContent>
   </complexType>
   <complexType abstract="true"
name="WsSetPointMachineStructureComponentDtoV1">
    <complexContent>
     <extension base="tns2:WsSetPointDtoV1">
      <sequence/>
     </extension>
    </complexContent>
   </complexType>
   <complexType name="WsSetPointBasicSystemDtoV1">
    <complexContent>
     <extension base="tns2:WsSetPointMachineStructureComponentDtoV1">
      <sequence/>
     </extension>
    </complexContent>
   </complexType>
  </schema>

So the <element name>-tags for all attributes are missing. This error
only occurs if the class hierarchie has more than two levels. Is there a
general restriction that class hierachies can only have two levels or is
this a bug ? Is there a work around for this problem ?

I can't really believe that no one else has expirienced this problem.

Thanks

Ingo