axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Remote debug not working for modules
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:56:36 GMT
Did you see these instructions for setting up DEBUG option in the JVM?
http://wso2.org/library/225

To config commons-logging via logging.properties please reference this site
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/org/apache/commons/logging/impl/SimpleLog.html

Log4J is considerably more detailed and flexible as one can instantiate differing categories
of Loggers,
differing output destinations or appenders and differing layouts such as "%r [%t] %-5p %c
- %m%n"
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

hope this helps,

Martin--

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shaoguang Cong
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 11:31 AM
  Subject: [AXIS2] Remote debug not working for modules

  I've been using remote debug for Axis and tomcat. With Axis 2, I can still debug into the
service impl classes. But it seems my handler classes packaged in module aren't attached to
the debugger.  I verified that the handler classes are invoked.

  Anyone knows what could be wrong?

  I also have a problem with logging of module.  The logging in the handler classes isn't
written to the log file.  The Log is created with a ServletContextListenter when Tomcat starts.

  Thx,
  Shaoguang

  Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.