axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Big J <jianto...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject Axis 1.4 - Loading mock soap env
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:55:01 GMT

Hi All - My apologies if this issue has already been addressed here, I've
spent some time searching and didn't find what i was looking for.

Here's a description of my problem....

I'm writing and J2EE webapp that invokes 9 (for the time being) Axis
webservices. Each webservice call can have many different permutations of
the data coming back which I'd like to unit test. For example, one call
results in the return of a person's retirement monies, some people have 1
plan, some have 2 plans, some have a ROTH IRA plan, some have 401K plans,
and the list goes on. Currently I have to request (to the webservice team)
to setup these different types of cases so that I can properly test, this is
typically a painful and lenghty process, especially considering that we've
got 9 webservice calls.

What I'd like to do is completely disconnect my client code from the
webservice call. I can capture a soap response via tcpmon, and modify it to
represent any case I'd like. Then I can save this data on my hard drive and
hopfully figure out a way to load it for unit testing. The problem is, I
just can't figure out how to have axis deserialize this mock response on my
hardrive instead of making the webservice call and deserializing that
response. Has anyone solved this problem before? Any suggestions for an
alternative approach? Am I just crazy :o) ?

Thanks!