axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gul Onural" <onu...@nortel.com>
Subject Axis2 : Savan vs. Muse for WS-Notification
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 02:05:17 GMT

Looks like both Savan and Muse are the implementation of
WS-Notification/Eventing.

None of these two is listed under Axis2 modules
(http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules/index.html).

I was wondering :

1.) Are they (Savan and Muse) active projects ?
2.) Is there any plans to integrate any of them to Axis2 as module ?
3.) Are their functionality equivalent ? (the version of the
WS-Notification spec. they implement, etc)
4.) Is there anyone using either of them with Axis2 ?

The only information I was able to find about Savan is at
http://wso2.org/projects/savan/java, however
link to the Savan source code repository in that page is broken.

And http://www.apachenews.org/archives/000932.html says; "Modules
supporting WS-Eventing (Apache Savan)
& WS-Transactions (Apache Kandula2) will be available soon after the
Apache Axis2 1.1.1 release.".
But I haven't seen any recent news on Savan in Axis2 web site, yet.

I would greatly appreciate any information on this subject.

Gul