axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Gylling Jørgensen <...@frv.dk>
Subject SV: Axis2 1.1.1 and HTTPS problem
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:19:29 GMT
Hi Ognjen,

Behind the scene the AXIS2 client deploys the HttpClient. Try to connect directly using a
simple HttpClient to establish the needed tweeks to connect, this way you can focus on the
SSL/TLS connection.

For guidelines see: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

Eventhough you set clientAuth="false" the client must authenticate the server, ie the client
must have the servers credentials in the truststore. If in doubt you can add SSL debug info
using this argument to the JVM: -Djavax.net.help=ssl:handshake:data

\pgj

________________________________

	Fra: Ognjen Blagojevic [mailto:ognjen@etf.bg.ac.yu]
	Sendt: 17. april 2007 10:25
	Til: axis-user@ws.apache.org
	Emne: Re: Axis2 1.1.1 and HTTPS problem

	Hi Eric,

	I enabled Tomcat HTTPS connector:

	    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
	               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

	and generated .keystore file with:

	    %JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

	as described in Tomcat docs. Tomcat is running, I can see its welcome page both on 8080 and
8443.

	I put Axis2 1.1.1 WAR file in tomcat/webapps dir. I can see Axis2 welcome page both on 8080
and 8443.

	I put korona2.aar (my service archive) into axis2 "services" dir. I can see generated WSDL
(both on 8080 and 8443). I can also call REST version of my web service from Firefox on both
ports. I can generate client stub using wsdl2java. This client stub can call web service on
port 8080, but when I try to call on 8443 (as described earlier), it fails.

	Regards,
	Ognjen