axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Shaoguang Cong <scong1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache Axis 2: how to get header? Options
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:02:42 GMT
Yes. I was speaking on the client side.

  -Shaoguang

  Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
          I didnt see any ability to run any of the axis operations on the server asychronously..
I assume you're speaking on the client side???

M-

    ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shaoguang Cong
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Apache Axis 2: how to get header? Options

  I observed the same thing: MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext() returns null.
  I don't know what's the designer's intention with "CurrentMessageContex", maybe that's for
asynchronical calls.

  To get headers from the response, try MessageContext.getSoapEnvelope().getHeader(). I only
do blocked call and it works for me.

  Shaoguang

craig wickesser <codecraig@gmail.com> wrote:
  yea so far I am not finding how to get headers from the response, am I missing something
?

  On 4/20/07, craig wickesser <codecraig@gmail.com> wrote:     Here is what it says
at that link:

  org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.HTTP_HEADERS
  You might sometimes want to send your own custom HTTP headers. You can set an ArrayList
filled with

org.apache.commons.httpclient.Header
  objects using the above property. You must not try to override the Headers the Axis2 engine
is setting to the outgoing message

  It seems to me this in regards to settings headers, I need to somehow get the headers from
the response.  Also, in my earlier post I mentioned that when I call MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext()
it returns null.

  What do you think?

    On 4/20/07, robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com > wrote:   You'll need to
work with MessageContext. Here's the reference for the properties you're looking for:

http://wso2.org/library/230#HTTP_HEADERS

HTH,
Robert

  On 4/20/07, craig wickesser <codecraig@gmail.com > wrote:   client side