axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "FURTADO, Murray, GBM" <Murray.FURT...@rbos.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Axis2 1.2 RC2 Released
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:31:12 GMT
I have found 2 issues in Axis2-1.1.1 which aren't fixed in 1.2RC2

1) Subclasses using adb databindings are not generated by wsdl2java (see my

2) when using xmlbeans databindings, the -ns2p switch on the wsdl2java
compiler doesn't seem to be applied to the emitted implementation classes
  (again, see my previous post for details.)

:-(

Murray Furtado
Currency Options Sales Technology
RBS Global Banking and Markets
280 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4RB / 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3TP
 ( +44 207 085 0748 | * murray.furtado@rbos.com
<mailto:murray.furtado@rbos.com>

  _____

From: Deepal Jayasinghe [mailto:deepal@opensource.lk]
Sent: 03 April 2007 12:00
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org; axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: [Axis2] Axis2 1.2 RC2 Released

Hi all,

I uploaded Axis2 1.2 RC2 release artifacts. Please help us by downloading
and reviewing them.

Download locations :
binary distributions-
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2-1.2-RC2.zip
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2-1.2-RC2.zip>
source distribution
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2-1.2-RC2-src.zip
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2-1.2-RC2-src.zip>
docs distribution
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2-1.2-RC2-docs.zip
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2-1.2-RC2-docs.zip>
war distribution
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2.war
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.2-RC2/axis2.war>

jars
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/maven/org.apache.axis2/jars/
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/maven/org.apache.axis2/jars/>

mars (addressing and soapmonitor)
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/maven/org.apache.axis2/mars/
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/maven/org.apache.axis2/mars/>

poms
http://people.apache.org/~deepal/maven/org.apache.axis2/poms/
<http://people.apache.org/~deepal/maven/org.apache.axis2/poms/>

According to the release plan, I'm expecting to release Axis2 1.2 on
6th   April, 2007.

Features included in the release :
- WSDL 2.0 fully support
(Reading , writing and codegen)
- POJO - annotation
- JAX-WS integration
- JAX-WS -annotation
- Un-wrapping (Response)
- ADB - missing schema support
- Maven2 support
- JSON support
- Binary serialization (Fast Inforset)
- Multiple services support in code gen
- HTTP code generation (both WSDL 1.1 and 2.0)
- Fix/update helper mode
- Custom deployers support
- Message formatters
- Message Builders

In addition to above major features we have fixed numerous JIRA issues.

Thanks,
 Deepal

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbsgc.com
www.rbsmarkets.com