axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis2 and existing client code
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:09:24 GMT
Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Axis2 and Axis1 to generate slightly different WSDL's for the same
> pojo service.. So the client's that depend on axis1 service (described
> by the wsdl) will not be able to communicate with the Axis2 service
> (described by Axis2 generated wsdl)...

If the service is the same (i.e., it accepts the same XML and returns the
same XML) then changes in how that XML is described should not affect the
clients. That is, what Thilina is saying is that we generate doc/lit style
WSDL 1.1 documents by default and Axis1 I believe generates rpc/encoded
style ones for POJOs. However, if they're backed by the same POJO then the
client should continue to work unmodified because its sending and
receiving the same XML as before.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.