axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Belunek Karel <belu...@vegacom.cz>
Subject Re: AXIS2 1.1.1 problem with BASIC AUTH
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:09:17 GMT
Geir Amdal napsal(a):
> On 11. apr. 2007, at 14:52, Belunek Karel wrote:
>> I have Axis2 1.1.1 under Tomcat 5.5.9 and I have correctly working
>> Axis service generated from WSDL file.
>>
>> Now I'm trying to implement BASIC authenticacion.
>>
>> On server side I'have se security constraint on the Tomcat level, it
>> works fine. I have tried it via WWW browser http://user:pass@URI
>>
>> But I'm not able to write client with BASIC authentication.
>> Example from documentation does not work because
>> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATE
>> constant simply does not exist.
> (...)
>> I have tried to replace the constant by
>> HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator.BASIC but it does not work.
>
> I configure the Options object as follows in my own ServiceClient-based
> client implementation (also using Axis2 1.1.1, but on OC4J, not Tomcat):
>
>     //(...)
>         Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator();
>
>         List<String> auth = new ArrayList<String>();
>         auth.add(Authenticator.BASIC);
>
>         authenticator.setAuthSchemes(auth);
>         authenticator.setUsername(username);
>         authenticator.setPassword(password);
>
>         options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE, authenticator);
>     //(...)

Thanks guys, it solves the problem.
Your code snippet with Jarek's modification works.
Here is my code snippet:

     //set authentication param
     Options opt = stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();
     Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator();
     List<String> auth = new ArrayList<String>();
     auth.add(Authenticator.BASIC);
     authenticator.setAuthSchemes(auth);
     authenticator.setUsername(user);
     authenticator.setPassword(pass);
     authenticator.setPreemptiveAuthentication(true);
     opt.setProperty(HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE, authenticator);

Regards
Karel Belunek