axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: It worked with Axis 1.4, but not Axis2
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:09:23 GMT
Hmm...
Well Axis2 does not have the capability to do rpc/encoded so
unfortunately that is not an option. However it seems to me that you
are seeing three methods because of the three bindings ! (Since we
have no idea of how the PHP client works this is just a thought)

May be you can try using a modified WSDL with the SOAP 1.2 and HTTP
bindings removed.

Ajith

On 3/23/07, Tim Koop <groups@timkoop.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your analysis, Ajith.
>
> To answer your question about the errors I see, I don't exactly see
> errors; it just looks like it isn't working the way SOAP is supposed to
> work.  I can find these three problems using the PHP client with Axis2.
> Using it with Axis1 all works normal and good.
>
> 1. To get the response, I have to use $client->greeting()->return
> instead of just $client->greeting().
>
> 2. When I list all the functions of this service with
> $client->__getFunctions(), it lists three of them for some reason (and
> with a complex return type)
> greetingResponse greeting()
> greetingResponse greeting()
> greetingResponse greeting()
>
> instead of the one when I use Axis1.
> string greeting()
>
> 3. If I had a function that required arguments, I would have to call it
> like this:
> $client->add(array(param0=>3, param1=>5))
> instead of the normal way like this with Axis1:
> $client->add(3, 5)
>

> Thank you to everyone who has commented so far, and thanks for any more
> ideas.
>
> (Is there some way to tell Axis2 to use rpc-encoded binding?  It sounds
> like that might solve it.)
>

> Tim Koop
>

> Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > It seems to me that this may be an issue with the PHP client. Here is
> > what I gather from the information
> >
> > 1. The Axis1 WSDL has a rpc-encoded binding
> > 2. The Axis2 WSDL has doc/lit bindings for both SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
> > 3. The requests and responses (according to their WSDL's) seem to be
> > correct in both cases. From the looks of it even the response from
> > Axis2 server seems to agree with the schema that the WSDL refers to.
> >
> > I have a feeling this could be the PHP client that fails to parse the
> > response (However the SOAP request has been formed correctly which
> > makes me doubt my conclusion). What kind of error are you seeing ?
> >
> > Ajith

Ajith Ranabahu