axis-java-user mailing list archives

From aaron aston <ast...@gotwisted.com>
Subject axis2 service, NoClassDefFound deploying aar
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:26:39 GMT
I'm running into the following problem when deploying Axis2.war with
my bundled .aar to JBoss, *if I don't mess with the classpath
settings in jboss-service.xml under the jbossweb-* directory:

14:40:46,315 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/web, warUrl=.../
tmp/deploy/tmp5117dod.ear-contents/axis2-exp.war/
14:40:47,099 INFO  [DeploymentEngine] Deploying module :
addressing-1.1.1
14:40:47,107 INFO  [DeploymentEngine] Deploying module :
soapmonitor-1.1.1
14:40:47,391 INFO  [DeploymentEngine] Invalid service  dod-ws.aar due
to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axiom/om/OMNode
         at org.apache.ws.java2wsdl.SchemaGenerator.<init>
(SchemaGenerator.java:92)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.fillAxisService
(Utils.java:272)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService
(ServiceBuilder.java:297)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGr
oup(ArchiveReader.java:91)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processService
Group(ArchiveReader.java:133)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy
(DeploymentEngine.java:528)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update
(WSInfoList.java:196)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update
(RepositoryListener.java:227)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices
(RepositoryListener.java:174)
         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadServices
(DeploymentEngine.java:88)
         at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.loadServices
(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:252)
         at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfiguration
Context(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:72)
         at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext
(AxisServlet.java:392)
         at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init
(AxisServlet.java:331)

I only ran into this problem after starting to use Axis2/AXIOM
classes in my web service POJO.  I'm using the AXIOM classes to
create and return attachments ...

Is this a known problem?  Is there a workaound?

Aaron.