axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jarmod <jar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Axis 1.4 client get cookies
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:06:19 GMT

I've read about 14 million internet posts (OK, it was just 13 million) on the
topic of how an Axis (1.4 in this case) client might retrieve cookies and,
quite surprisingly, I have yet to find a solution that actually works.

My Axis client uses the highest-level abstraction so looks something like
this:

MyServiceLocator locator = new MyServiceLocator();
locator.setMaintainSession(true);
MyService service = locator.getMyService();

service.login("fred", "fredpass"); // server sends me some cookies here
// I want to get those cookies here
service.dosomethingelse();
service.logout();

The code works fine and uses JSESSIONID cookie-based session management
automatically.  However, I want more thanthat -- I want to be able to
retrieve the cookies in the HTTP response associated with the login.

I've tried to retrieve the cookies using
stub._getProperty(HTTPConstants.HEADER_COOKIE) but that returns NULL.  I've
also enumerated all properties of the stub *after* the login call and there
are none.  Can you even do what I want at this interface level?

Appreciate any help.