axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Callner, David A." <dcall...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Installation Problems
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:06:16 GMT

 Tomcat 5.0.28 with java1.5.0

It's the latest and greatest.  I really don't think the problem is
Tomcat.  Again all I've done is deploy the axis2.war file in the
webapps directory and when I try to open the localhost:8080/axis2 I get
the exception I've stated below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:grm7793@verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:19 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Installation Problems

5.5.what?  Again, check to make sure you are running the latest
production release of the 5.5 series (which would be 5.5.20, according
to here[1]).  You may wish to test with Tomcat 6.0 or 5.5.20 on
*another* machine as well to see if you can isolate the problem
(computer, Axis, Tomcat)--any computer will do.

Note, with Tomcat at least, version numbering is not splitting hairs--I
was having a vexing problem once with 5.0.27 that was completely fixed
by upgrading to the then-current 5.0.28.  That last digit frequently
makes a world of difference.

Glen

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/

Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2007, 16:00 -0500 schrieb Callner, David A.:
> Tomcat5.5

problem--test
> with the latest production release and find out.
>
> What happens when you run it on Tomcat 6 (or 5.5 if you're running
> 5.0)--very same error or does it work on that version?  This will
help
> in isolating the problem to either Tomcat or Axis2.
>
> Glen
>

> Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2007, 12:02 -0500 schrieb Callner, David A.:
> > No I cannot access the axis2 page.  This is where the exception is
> > thrown.  All I've done is taken the axis2.war file and deployed it
in
> > the webapps directory.  Tomcat is working fine with other webapps
> that
> > I've deployed.  I've just tried to deploy the axis2.war.  That's
it.

Tomcat5
> > > with java1.5.  Does anybody have any ideas what this might be?
> > >
> > > Mar 6, 2007 9:43:10 AM org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler
> > > generateClass
> > > SEVERE: Error compiling file:

/usr/share/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2//org/apache/jsp/axis2_