axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 without wrapping the response
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 05:39:57 GMT
On 3/7/07, Florian Wachs <flo_goku@web.de> wrote:

> Thanks for your fast answser.
> I´m creating a small QuizService (I´m quite new to axis2) and still have
> the following problem:
> My little webservice is based on POJO´s and I get the service running.
> But my problem is that Axis2 is "wrapping" my response objects.
> For example I defined a method getQuestion() which should deliver a
> QuizQuestion-Object. But when I´m using a client , the following is not
> possible:
> QuizService service = new QuizService();
> QuizQuestion question = service.getQuestion();
>
> instead I have to do the following:
> QuizService service = new QuizService();
> QuizQuestion question = service.getQuestion().get_return();
> This is quite a problem because I know it is possible with wsdl2java and
> the option -uw to generate a unwrapped stub but my .Net 2.0 Client
> doesn´t care about that.

How did you generate your .Net client? if you generate it using the wsdl
file generated by the axis2 server then it should support it.

Is it possible to configure Axis2 to not show this behavior or do I have
> to create my own wsdl file ?

if you generate a wsdl with a POJO always the response (return of the java
method) is wrapped from the Operaton name + Response and another name called
return. So if you want to change this (i.e remove return part) then you have
to write the wsdl your own and generate the service and client from it.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.