axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Pfeifer" <john.pfei...@hnpsolutions.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] How to use Axis library in a war file
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:00:20 GMT
Vinodh,

We use maven to copy the aar file into the WEB/services directory of the webapp.  If you build
your aar file first using maven, then build your war, you can use the following pom.xml snippet
to copy your aar into your WAR.  It would be really nice if the Axis2 WAR distribution was
deployed to the ibiblio maven repository as this would make it much easier to use and extend
the default Axis2 WAR distribution.

AAR files that are included in the WEB-INF/services directory are deployed on startup of the
webapp.

    <build>^M
        <plugins>^M
            <plugin>^M
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>^M
                <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>^M
                <executions>^M
                    <execution>^M
                        <id>copy</id>^M
                        <!-- run at compile time since tests may not be run and it's too
late at package time -->^M
                        <phase>compile</phase>^M
                        <goals>^M
                            <goal>copy</goal>^M
                        </goals>^M
                        <configuration>^M
                            <artifactItems>^M
                                <!-- LIST ALL AAR Dependencies that you want to be packaged
with the webservicecontainer -->^M
                                <artifactItem>^M
                                    <groupId>com.foo</groupId>^M
                                    <artifactId>foo</artifactId>^M
                                    <type>jar</type>^M
                                    <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/WEB-INF/services</outputDirectory>^M
                                    <destFileName>foo-${version}.aar</destFileName>^M
                                </artifactItem>^M
                            </artifactItems>^M
                        </configuration>^M
                    </execution>^M