axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: [AXIS2] PocketSOAP or ASP.NET & Visual Studio.NET to connect to an AXIS2 Web-Service
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:44:48 GMT
Paul,

Thank you for your tip with TCPmon. my PockeSOAP VB Client talks now
to the Axis2 MyService5 Service; from VB6 to Java Axis2 Web-Services!

However I have the following long-term-concerns!

{-- extract/posted at/from
	http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pocketsoap/message/4812

Axis2 is a very flexibel Message Processing Engine and has the
concept of modules to extend functionality not directly belonging to
the application code in client and service.

i.e Endpoint-References / Modells should be configurable
i.e. encryption and decryption should be added at configuration time.
i.e. Authentication as well

Are there any plans to enhance PocketSOAP to support part of the same
existing or under development standing modules which Axis2 supports
today?

I have managed to add the proper SOAP-HEADERS and re-use the SOAP-ENV
returned from the service to conform to WS-ADDRESSING, and hence can
talk in scope=soapsession from VB-Client to Java-Axis2-Services
statefule using a ServiceGroupContext (-ID).

The same Java-Axis2-Service is used from Java-based-client-code as
well as from VB-based-client-code.

So I would like to see how one can snap-in, register, configure in a
xml file and have PocketSOAP-Clients engage i.e. WS-ADDRESSING in
order to overcome the burden of adding soap-headers through client
code.

I am interessed about the future development of PocketSOAP

Regards

Josef
--}